Grow fresh Italian Kale in your indoor herb garden!
An excellent source of vitamin C, Italian Kale provides iron, vitamin A, calcium, magnesium, potassium, protein, carbohydrates and dietary fiber. Italian kale has a deeper color and is slightly thinner and more tender than curly kale, making it more versatile. It cooks more quickly and requires less massaging for use in raw preparations. Remove the stems and use it in a salad or slice it into strips to make a slaw. We also love it stirred into soup or pasta right when it’s being finished in the pan.
Italian Kale is also known as Tuscan Kale, aka Lacinato Kale aka Dinosaur Kale. It's a fast grower that can be harvested already 35-42 days after planting!
Cooking tip: Lightly sautee or braise the mature leaves, or use the new sprouts raw in salads.
Click & Grow Italian Kale benefits:
- Italian Kale is a great source of vitamins and antioxidants
- The Click & Grow Smart Garden takes care of watering, light and nutrients
- Our Italian Kale plant pods come with seeds and nutrients already included
- You'll get a garden-to-plate experience from your own kitchen
- No GMO's, pesticides or herbicides - just the cleanest, freshest food
Sprouts in: 7 - 14 days
Harvest in: 5 - 6 weeks
Grows best at: 18°C – 30°C
*** Each refill pack contains a set of three same plant pods
- You can start harvesting in approximately one month by picking off the larger outer leaves first in baby leaf size.
- Harvest gradually by moving towards the heart of the plant until the pod is a maximum of two months old.
- Alternatively, you may harvest the whole plant pod five weeks after planting. Just keep in mind not to allow it to age over two months.
- If some leaves age more than two months, it may lose some of the nutritional value and signature flavor.