Grow fresh wasabi mustard at home!
Wasabi mustard is a leafy green that produces large light green serrated leaves. Also commonly referred to as Wasabina, a name that literally translates to ‘like wasabi’ in Japanese, this green shares the characteristic sharp heat and peppery bite of wasabi root although it doesn't have any real relation to the wasabi known as a sushi condiment.
Wasabi mustard greens are extremely versatile and may be eaten raw, stir-fried, steamed, braised or pickled. The young greens are delicate and tender, well suited for raw applications in salads, sandwiches, spring rolls or as garnishes.
Click & Grow Wasabi Mustard benefits:
- Excellent source of vitamins and antioxidants
- Perfect addition to salads, sandwiches and juices
- Easy to grow with your Click & Grow indoor garden
- Wasabi mustard greens are rich in Vitamins A, B and C
Sprouts in: 7 - 14 days
Harvest in: 5 - 6 weeks
Grows best at: 18°C – 30°C
- Wasabi Mustard is a heat-sensitive edible green that produces more growth at 64 to 72 °F (18 to 22°C).
- You may start harvesting single leaves approximately 25 days after planting. Alternatively, you can harvest the whole pod in one go after a month of growth - it is up to you.
- It has a genuine wasabi taste and it provides the highest nutritional value up to 40 days after planting the pods.
- As the plant naturally matures, its flavor will intensify! Fully matured leaves have a much more pungent taste than young leaves.
*** Each refill pack contains a set of three same plant pods