Meal of the month - Tempting Summer Rolls
This month’s featured meal is a delicious homage to summer. You’ll be able to use peppermint, thai basil and cilantro grown in your Smart Garden 3 or Smart Garden 9.
The next time you have guests over, treat them to some tasty summer rolls.
- Tiger prawns (suggested 1lb)
- Rice paper
- Peanut butter
- Hoisin sauce
(Feel free to experiment with different quantities of each ingredient, depending on your preferences).
- Peel a pound of tiger prawns. Heat a skillet over high and quickly fry the prawns until just cooked through. Set aside.
- Cut cucumbers, avocados and carrots into strips.
- Dip the rice paper into cold water and set it on a flat surface. Do not soak!
- Lay three prawns, a few strips of avo, cucumber and carrot on the rice paper. Tear up some peppermint, thai basil and cilantro from your Click & Grow smart garden and sprinkle them on top.
- Fold the paper into a summer roll
- Mix together some peanut butter and hoisin sauce for a dip
P.S. Rice paper becomes very sticky when wet so work quickly and gently.
Stay tuned to our blog for exciting features and recipes!