Valentines Day is here and if you are spending it at home with your loved one, we've got the most warm and comforting recipe to amp up your date night.
There’s nothing quite like a tasty bowl of soup. Our featured meal this month is courtesy of allrecipes.com. It’s a wonderful no-nonsense, rich and creamy tomato basil soup we’re sure you’ll enjoy.
- 4 tomatoes - peeled, seeded and diced
- 4 cups tomato juice
- 14 leaves fresh basil
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place tomatoes and juice in a stock pot over medium heat.
- Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Puree the tomato mixture along with the basil leaves.
- Return the puree to the stock pot.
- Place the pot over medium heat and stir in the heavy cream and butter.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat, stirring until the butter is melted. Do not boil.
This recipe takes about 45 minutes to prepare and produces 4 servings.